homestead - [Homestead] college kids make good!

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] college kids make good!
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:09:27 -0400

It IS a nice site, with alot of well-made goods! I love how EVERY
student must work at the school. The school was built long ago by the
labor or students, the beautiful grounds and buildings maintained by
them. My girl works in the greenhouses and the farm for her assignment -
all no more than 10-12 hours per week. They teach a good work ethic.
Her great boyfriend works in blacksmithing. It is an old-fashioned way
that we need more of with today's kids - many never have worked at
anything in their lives and then are expected to go out and be productive
adults! They are paid a low wage, which helps so much with this'sn
thats.
It is a wonderful school, and this Mom's dream come true! I have another
daughter in high school, getting all A's who will probably receive a
scholarship as her sis has.
Toni

  • [Homestead] college kids make good!, tonitime, 04/02/2007