homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global warming and the media, was Re: Peak oil

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global warming and the media, was Re: Peak oil
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:21:04 -0800 (PST)

The only real argument I've ever heard against global
warming is that "there are natural climate
fluctuations so this warming is one of those". The
problem with that is that based on the same data that
informs us about climate fluctuations in the past, we
can only conclude that the current trend is not part
of any known pattern.
I doubt if there is any way to support the current
population with this or some other ecological problem.
I hope I am wrong since I don't see possibility of
population declining enough to make a difference soon.
As individuals all we can do is take the small steps.
Driving efficient cars and no more than we have to.
smaller houses to heat and cool. making sure that
those we might influence are aware of our concerns.
Purchasing habits that use the more efficient
resource. Etcetera.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,469608,00.html