homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global warming and the media, was Re: Peak oil

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global warming and the media, was Re: Peak oil
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:12:12 -0800

At 3/3/2007 10:21 AM,Gene GeRue wrote:

"The authors of the report have sifted through some 30,000 data sets
from more than 70 international studies documenting changes to water
circulation, to cryospheres (ice zones), as well as to flora and
fauna over a period of at least 20 years. . . ."

20 years? It's only been 7-13k years since the last ice age went away and that time frame is nothing in earth cycles.
20 years in a subject the size and complexity of climate change in not even a drop in the bucket, it may be a drop in a large lake (may not).
FWIW I still see the UN as a large and well paying debating society for some lucky few, a debating society that does from time to time do some good but nothing I'd bet any serious money on.

I'm not sure what's happening but I suspect that those making the most noise have something economic to gain from all of this.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net