homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global warming and the media, was Re: Peak oil

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global warming and the media, was Re: Peak oil
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 15:53:06 -0700

On Mar 3, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

If global warming is just a natural trend and we do nothing, we
will still have problems with low lying areas and increased storm
power. If we do something as if it were man caused we may be able to learn
a lot more about weather and save people and money. If it is man caused
and we do nothing it will only get worse and we will still have the above
problems. If we do something maybe we can slow something that is already a
runaway train. So no matter what we should be doing something, not
sticking our head in the sand of the barrier islands while tax dollars
build even more expensive condos.

Thank you. That expresses perfectly how I feel.