homestead - Re: [Homestead] bread/science/Mr>Bill Jones

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bread/science/Mr>Bill Jones
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:40:29 -0800

Wow! Let me see, I once posted about a restaurant in San Clemente that had gotten too cocky about multiplying its dough, so that its bread and rolls had an off-taste. You should think of these warnings the same as warnings about handling fire. Under no circumstances should you eliminate fire from your life, just because someone had once had a problem with it. Instead let that wisdom lead to new understanding.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Bill
S. Oregon coast

bob ford wrote:

You sent the message several years ago. I have not
eaten a piece of bread since.....now, I do eat
un-leavened crackers still....smiling and now enjoying
the sounds of Billie Holliday.....bobford

--- Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com> wrote:

Oh, sure. But I'm trying to remember which thing I
said that frightened you. I didn't mean to! Sometimes I don't express
myself well.

Anyway, the safest procedure is to multiply only
sour cultures indefinitely, always remember to mix well, and don't
go too long without feeding the starter.

Bill
S. Oregon coast