homestead - Re: [Homestead] bread/science/Mr>Bill Jones

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bread/science/Mr>Bill Jones
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:51:53 -0800

Oh, sure. But I'm trying to remember which thing I said that frightened you. I didn't mean to! Sometimes I don't express myself well.

Anyway, the safest procedure is to multiply only sour cultures indefinitely, always remember to mix well, and don't go too long without feeding the starter.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

bob ford wrote:

Certainly, you understood that my post was in good
humor(although you did frighten me of bread...smiles).
I always enjoy you messages concerning food ,though I
often can't understand the chemistry.....listening to
Sinatra......bobford

--- Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com> wrote:

bob ford wrote:

A few years ago, you noted information that scared
me away from bread or anything made from
yeast..but;last night a scientist (Larry Stephens?
C.V. unknown) appeared on a late night talk show.
He

said the same things; but added if it smells and
tastes ok, eat it anyway......not only smiling but
laughing......bobford
--- Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com> wrote:

???? I don't know if I'd go that far!

The sourdough cultures that we use are remarkably
stable. I've never noticed any hint of a problem. But it turns out
that I was right to be skeptical about multiplying a hop culture directly.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/bobford79%40yahoo.com