homestead - Re: [Homestead] On Becoming a Milk Maid

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] On Becoming a Milk Maid
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:45:08 -0500

Oh Gloria..I am so excited and envious! Aren't goats great fun? As
time goes on, she will be more manageable, and you will become even more
attached. I think goats are more like dogs, but I do know that some are
more cat like. I'm just so very happy for you-that you just jumped
right in there and got busy! I so miss goat milk in my coffee. It is
such a rich cooking milk, too. It makes better breads, better soups,
better everything! I was going to acquire a few goats this Spring, but
that was before the job thing came up, so I doubt that will happen now,
which makes me all the more envious. I'm also glad you have a mentor,
someone that will teach you the tips and tricks to managing a goat. How
much milk are you getting a day? How many times are you milking?
What is her name?

Bev

Gloria Morris wrote:
Hey, All!

The last couple weeks have been a whirlwind for me. My goat gave
birth prematurely right at the beginning of a blizzard. I lost the
triplets. And then I had to learn to milk FAST, because I had a high
producing goat with no kids to help me out!
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.