homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:31:13 -0700

If that weren't enough, one cannot conduct normal business (rural business)
here any more without being somewhat fluent in Spanish.

That surprised me, until I thought about how many if not most Hispanic people live, quite close to the land. So it would be natural for them to seek a place where the natives live that way. Are most of your Spanish speakers from the Caribbean region?