homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:27:09 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

My hick accent gets worse/better every year.

I came by mine honestly.

I'm always amazed that outsiders are all the uninformed still when they ask how far it is to somewhere and they are told that it's "a right smart".

Well, of course, I did, too, but I lost it for a spell while in college and just after. As you know, Emory is full of New Yorkers who didn't make it into Harvard, and I later worked at a computer firm where I was the ONLY Southerner...almost everyone was from NY, NJ, and MA...there was one guy, Louis, who introduced me to Lacrosse and was funny as hell...Louis was from Wisconsin, the first person I ever met from that state. I lost my accent to the point that people would ask me where I was from..they thought I was from the Midwest. (And by the way folks, those around here consider Colorado the Midwest...places like Ohio and Illinois are "up north" :)

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.