homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:43:08 -0600

I've always called it the "chicken door." However, I've seen it called
a "chicken hatchway."

Gloria

On 1/13/07, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:
In one of my other lives, I'm a copyeditor.

On my copyediting list, a member posed this question:

<<Does anyone know if there is a special term for that little door in a
henhouse/chicken coop that is only big enough for the chickens to get through?