homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geese

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geese
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:34:05 -0500

Goose is wonderful. It's poultry, of course, but looks and cooks like beef. Marinate a breast as if it were prime rib and grill it. Delicious.

Bev

Warren F. Smith wrote:
As to eating them, offhand I'd think pekin ducks and free range chickens
would taste better than a goose. I would almost bet peacock would taste
better. I have an Austrian friend who can prepare goose and make it
tender and delicious but we accuse him of using turkey as his secret
ingredient.

Has anyone heard of or tried raising domesticated turkeys in a
freeranging homestead environment- ie not in a turkey factory?

Warren

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky