homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geese

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geese
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:25:28 -0500

Robert Walton wrote:

I plan to eat some of the guinea offspring next year. Don't dare take
one of the survivors of the great predator attacks of 2006 since I
need them to eat ticks for me come summer!

Rob - Va

I've been wanting guineas again now for years. I had about a dozen poults? at one time, but that was when I was a poultry NUB and left the chicken tractor in a low lying/cold sink area. It got too cold for them, and I found them all dead the next morning. :(
Have you thought about selling the babies? I'd buy some, for sure! What colors do you have?

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky