homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geese

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geese
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:21:03 -0500

Yes on independent. Some geese also make good watch animals. Would
you prefer honks or barks to notify you when someone is approaching?
If neither, get guineas for a unique sound.

Well the LGD does the barks now and the guineas do the unique sound,
so I guess adding a honk would serenade any visitors :>)

I plan to eat some of the guinea offspring next year. Don't dare take
one of the survivors of the great predator attacks of 2006 since I
need them to eat ticks for me come summer!

Rob - Va