homestead - Re: [Homestead] Turkeys- Geese

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Turkeys- Geese
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:21:39 -0800

We had a friend that did and the hens are real broody and will set anything, or at least her's did. Just don't ever use them to set duck or geese eggs! She found this out the hard way when the gooslings headed straight for the pond and ol' mama turkey went right in after them and nearly drown herself trying to "rescue" them from the evil water <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

Is anyone raising heritage birds? I'd like to have a few of them as a
breeding flock. I wonder what sort of addition Turkey would be as
year-round livestock.

Rob - Va

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.