homestead - Re: [Homestead] Power

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Power
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:07:39 -0500

This was an 'unprecedented' wind storm but we do
live in the land of earthquakes and I see a large
volcano almost everyday. Two days and one night
with no electricity, phone or internet was not
the end of the world, even with the 31ºf
night.

Interesting observations. I found your observations a lot like when I
lived in South Florida and there was a hurricane. You've been prepping
for this sort of thing for a long time now.

I use a kerosene heater all the time. The one big thing that my house
is missing is a wood burning stove.

Rob - Va