homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:53:35 -0800

Oh, sure it is. Ignorance of the law or other things is not an acceptable answer in a court of law. Smith vs. something or another is the case in question. Although, don't hold me to the Smith part but it is case law. The litmus test is "would a reasonably intelligent person have known this or taken steps to know this."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

No. Ignorance is not prosecuted in this country. If it were, we would
have to put some very high-ranking people in jail.