homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:49:14 -0800

Yup, that old 20/20 hindsite is something else. I shouldn't have been riding a 2 year old stallion, bareback, without supervision. I should have promptly told my parents that I went off the horse, over the railing and down one of those enfamous hills/cliffs in El Sobrante. I was 10, I didn't tell a soul because I knew I wouldn't get to ride again.

I should have had x-ray vision of some nature and seen that piece of ice on that piece of metal flooring. Silly me, I didn't have that ability but I'm sure it was my faulty life style choices that made me get a job so we could pay off debts sooner than later. Next time around I'll forego the "get out of debt sooner" card and that way I won't bust the knees into a couple of dozen pieces.

So, shall I blame my "faulty life choices," or, I can blame the kid on the motorcycle who didn't belong on the ranch and who spooked the horse and the person who didn't clean up the ice OR, I can just say, bad luck, sh*t happens. Hmmmm, I think I'm going with Door #3.

I'm with you on this one, Lynda.
I'll bet Rob is, too.
I wonder if they(James and Gene) can explain how his 15 year old
daughter made personal choices that resulted in the DNA damage that
caused her ALL.

Despite was Gene says about luck, I think some people are just lucky in
that they can live a long life *in spite of* their life choices. Most
of us can look back and say, yeah, I shouldn't have done this or
that....I shouldn't have run cross country in college..(osteo in knees),
I shouldn't have smoked (lung cancer) or I should have eaten better
(colorectal disease) or I should have flossed more (dental disease), and
granted, MUCH of disease is caused by personal choices in life, but to
say that *all* disease is human caused, well, I don't buy it. And to
denigrate gene therapy down to the level of astrology??? I don't
understand that, either.