homestead - [Homestead] Insurance, was Mad Cow Disease

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Insurance, was Mad Cow Disease
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:20:42 -0600

On 12/9/06, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

And treatment. A good half a score of people I know died in the past five or
six years from aggressive treatment for this or that illness. Now, in almost
every case they were going to die of the malady for which they were being
treated, but not right away. ....
Too much insurance is dangerous to your health.

Even people with insurance have free will. I've known a number of
people who have had the surgery but not the chemo or radiation for
their various cancers (and others who have skipped all treatment
because they were already cooked when their disease was diagnosed).
It's not necessary to park your brain regardless of how much insurance
you have or don't have.

I could trot out several examples of diseases less dire than cancer
for which a drastic cure was offered and a more sensible one was
chosen, but I suppose my having attended a public school for 8 years
has destroyed my mind, and I'm probably not capable of seeing the deep
meaning here. :)

Marie