homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 03:22:21 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

Bev, you are losing me. Surely you would not advise unnecessary sun exposure to today's sun. No, we can't take back those sunburned noses of our youth. But we can, today, right now, act according to available information.

Well, of course we can act accordingly, but that may not prevent the disease, which is my point, that even though you take precautions and make "good life choices" sometimes it doesn't matter. Call it luck or genetics or fate or God's will or whatever, IT HAPPENS. You have said in previous posts that all bad things are human caused, basically a result of personal action or inaction by extention. I simply disagree.

Likewise, one's own driving habits does not insure
safety.

Bev, I cannot maintain serious attention here if the focus is to be on argumentative exceptions. We know a whole lot today about health and safety. If we choose to ignore that information we increase our risk. I hope you will not ignore knowledge because sometimes it seems not to present the total picture. We keep learning or we keep making the same mistakes.

Gene, my WHOLE point is that there ARE exceptions. Originally, you lumped everyone into the same boat with your comment on personal choice and habits causing disease.
Many times, you are right in that what we do determines our fate, but not always, There are exceptions, and in the case of those exceptions, it could be said that one was lucky or unlucky, that there are genetic predispositions (good or bad), etc.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky