homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:22:29 -0800

Oh poopies <g> I didn't see that part. The "caring" parent is a product of the same system, so how would they recognize it as anything but what should be. We are talking several generations of indoctrinization.

Might I suggest that folks who are truely interested in this thread read John Taylor Gatto's essays and books on this subject:

How Public Education Cripples Our Kids and Why
http://www.spinninglobe.net/againstschool.htm

This one is about the book "Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Complusory Schooling"
http://www.spinninglobe.net/dumbing.htm

This is about his book "The Underground History of American Education"
http://www.spinninglobe.net/lessons.htm

----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

As for schools breaking children's spirits and turning children into
robots, that would only happen, I think, if you let it. An active
parent who cares about their child's progress will work to educate
their child, whether the child is in a public school, a parochial
school, a home school, or, I suppose, an unschool

As you might suspect, this strikes the ears of the unschooler as "Sure that
restaurant only serves soda and twinkies, but a active parent would pack a
nutritious lunch before sending their child off to eat at that restaurant."