homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:12:59 EST

> I sent Gatto's six lessons, or was it seven, essay to my school
> teacher daughter-in-law in Canada and asked what she thought of it.
> No response yet.

Patience, Iago. It is a difficult thing for people to see even when it is
laid out in such clear terms as Gatto does. That simple fact ought to raise
an
alarm.

When people are not indoctrinated, or at least not indoctrinated on a
particular subject, a suggestion that there might be a different or better
way is
most often met with, "Oh, I hadn't considered that, how does that work?" Or
perhaps, "Yes, I've considered that and this was the result.... Have you
overcome
those consequences and how did you do it?"

But the purpose of indoctrination is to make the person react emotionally and
irrationally (such as Clockwork Orange) against considering a different view
of things. They have the same inensity of craving as a smoker and can only
lay aside the condidtioning as the former can tobacco.

To continue the tobacco analogy, notice how many times you hear that the
education/parent situation has been improved by letting the child out of
school so
they can spend more time with their family ...... sooo very similar to the "I
can't quit so I'll cut back a bit."

Just as when Gandalf cast Saurman out of Theodn, just prior to which
Theoden's conditioning made him say, "Why should I welcome you?", just like
that,
those who point out that an institution in which some have invested their
lives
is actually sinister and harmful is met with like resistence and resentment.
Yet once cast out and the person can "breathe the free air once more", they
are
most often dismayed at the influence that idea had over them.