homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:58:44 EST

> So, yes there are other options but the other half of that question you
> wanted answered means dismantling the p.s. system and that's not going to
> happen because I know you've heard it as many times as I have "I survived
> it" blah, blah, blah.

Ah, well, I know it's useless to bring it up. You always think that out there
maybe there is someone, somewhere who will look beyond the metaphor and see
what the whole PS paradigm is about. And, yes, you almost every time get the
"I went through public schools and I did OK ...." which sounds so much like
what you used to hear from smokers "I've smoked them all my life and I ain't
dead
yet!"

As to seeing the evidence, the proof that PS's function is to put the
blinders of indoctrianation on the sheeple, I suppose it is too cras to
suggest they
just look in the mirror.

Like you, I had years of experience in PS (as a teacher). I've seen the view
from that side, I know what it's like to wear the blinders and ignore all the
reality to the contrary, I know what it is like for consumerist,
governmentist doctrination to be the norm and everything else to be deviance.
Been there,
done that, tied the T-Shirt around the eyes of many a child. However,
invited to step aside for just a moment and try to see the other view, the
best the
indoctrinated can come up with is "Well, all schools aren't bad, if you want
better schools get involved with them."

As Darth Vader would say, "Their conversion to the sheeple side .... is....
complete!"