homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:01:44 EST

> Since we all have the right of free
> speech (at least this week so far as I've heard), if you don't like
> the status quo, you're free to change it in your community. Have you?

Yes, I homeschool my children and encourage everyone else to.

No, it isn't a matter that some schools are good and some are bad. Schooling
itself is bad and there is no good version of it. What passes for "good"
schools are only those that do a little less regimentation and
indoctrination.
It's like saying there are good burglers and bad burglers because the good
ones
only take part of your valuables. Yet neither is the same as no one breaking
into your house at all.

Sure communities function when its members have attended public school.
Plantations functioned too although most people there were slaves. But it
doesn't
follow that slavery was a good thing.

And look at your premise, if you don't like the schools, then change them.
That's the manipulation technique used by bad parents who want to coerce
their
child into dressing for the hated visit to Anut Petunia by engaging them with
"Do you want to wear the yellow shirt or the blue shirt." The idea is to put
the child in the position of having a false choice in the matter, a typical
schooling technique. What the child wants is to not go to Aunt Petunia's at
all.