homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:51:00 -0800

It most certainly does help that you were/are a teacher. Sorry, don't remember which it is.

At anyrate, I can tell you that principles and other admin staff and the teachers know exactly which students are the children of teachers and they are looked on differently than those of regular parents!

Professional courtesy and that makes it is no different than any other profession in that department.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <rayzentz AT aim.com>

I don't know that I would agree with "they don't care". However, they most certainly are not involved, except when they perceive a problem. Then, most of the time, they like to place blame... usually anyplace other than where it really belongs. I have actually had a father tell me that when his kid is in school, his behavior is my problem. After discussion with my principal, we took the kid, after a particularly bad episode, to his fathers workplace, and said "Now he's your concern", and left. Problem was solved, but we had to be creative, and force the parent to get involved.

As a parent, we are very active in our kids schools. It helps that I have been in PS for 20 years as a teacher, and know the system, but the key is involvement... frequent, consistant, and supportive involvement.