homestead - Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:21:12 -0600

But in fairness to myself, how does one go about learning the ramifications of a proposed amendment such as this?

With the Internet, there are few excuses for not getting info. If a proposal is controversial--what isn't?--then the proponents and opponents will issue news releases and hold meetings. Media at all levels writes about it. We read about it.

If local and state media don't provide adequate info, ask the appropriate state office that handles the ballots for the wording. Or the state legislature. Or your local state representative.

My issue is the time to deal with all I want to know and still have a life.