homestead - Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:06:42 -0400

There are various organizations, some partisan, which have done this for
years. They present either speakers, like the candidates themselves, or
printed material. True, it is a synopsis and not the entire legislative
piece, but the opposing issues are usually there also. That is particularly
true on party platforms, voting records, etc.

Not many people are interested enough to do the study and reading.

>On another list, a member reported that the local TV station analyzed
>campaign commercials for veracity. They were bipartisan and did Repubs
>and Dems alternately. He said it was amazingly informative and quite
>even handed.
>
>For the next cycle, you might suggest that to your local affiliate.
>
>The news media has more resources than you or I to dig out
>information, and there are still investigative reporters around.
>
>This election cycle was so bad that in some areas media outlets took
>ads down because they were such lying pieces of crap. I'm not
>surprised.
>
>Marie

  • Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs, clhw, 11/10/2006