homestead - Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:31:23 -0800

We don't have local news. We can watch national news or one of two relatively "local" stations. One is the "big" city in the next county which is over the mountains and in the valley. And the other one is Chico, a whole different world!

The "big" city is the hit and run capital of the world. Chico is the homicide capital. That's about it. Oh, the one in the next county does at least cover the weather here so we do get the frost warnings otherwise we wouldn't watch it at all!

I think you and I are on the same soapbox. There needs to be more
news/media coverage, pro and con, on legislation BEFORE an election.
Even a 60 second point/counterpoint at the end of local news broadcasts
would at least make people aware. It may be a bit boring, but it would
be a better public service than the reporting on the homicide du jour.