homestead - Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:33:21 -0600

> I think that it is past time for the truth in advertising law to be
> strongly inforced and inforced on political advertising.

On another list, a member reported that the local TV station analyzed
campaign commercials for veracity. They were bipartisan and did Repubs
and Dems alternately. He said it was amazingly informative and quite
even handed.

For the next cycle, you might suggest that to your local affiliate.

The news media has more resources than you or I to dig out
information, and there are still investigative reporters around.

This election cycle was so bad that in some areas media outlets took
ads down because they were such lying pieces of crap. I'm not
surprised.

Marie