homestead - Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Memories and Sheople, was More ups and downs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 01:41:58 -0500

Lynda wrote:
We don't have local news. We can watch national news or one of two relatively "local" stations. One is the "big" city in the next
county which is over the mountains and in the valley. And the other
one is Chico, a whole different world!

The "big" city is the hit and run capital of the world. Chico is the
homicide capital. That's about it. Oh, the one in the next county
does at least cover the weather here so we do get the frost warnings
otherwise we wouldn't watch it at all!

Well, of course. I doubt any of us live in a small town with station
large enough to have local news. I get Atlanta stations on DISH. The
point is, even if your 'local' station is 3 hours away, it is still in
the same state and they could at least do *some* good if they would get
off the ratings kick and decide to actually INFORM people of things that
could actually affect their lives.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky