homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:34:36 -0700

And he would have been on point. There are thousands of acres of rolling pasture where folks never feed except during severe winters and the hay comes from their own land! The whole of the West wasn't tree covered, that is a myth. Just because someone is attempting to raise sheep on old logging land without doing anything to the soil, or planting appropriate grasses isn't something to base an all encompassing statement on.

Oregon is looks like a nuclear disaster area in a whole lot of areas, so what would one expect.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

Bill, were you on the list when Tvo was alive?? He would have jumped
all over those statements above, I think, always in a humorous yet point
blank way. God, I miss him.
Rob, thanks for posting the stuff from Tvo. I am glad someone has
archived it...I'm starting to make a file of what you send me, and I
hope others are doing the same, just so that if the computer crashes,
someone else will have a backup, and of course, they will be searchable
through the archives of the list.