homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:50:13 -0700

Lynda wrote:

Bill, you live in one little bitty tiny piece of land. Your land is not "THE" west. The west included thousands of acres of land that aren't like your miserable little piece.

Nor is Coos County "THE" west. There are plenty of areas where there is plenty of grassland in the West.

I have yet to see a piece of green grass anywhere within the "brown area" on the map, that wasn't happily, luckily, fed from some groundwater or a hose.

Get over thinking you or your little piss ant piece is THE West.

BTW, you the numbskulls in Oregon hadn't attempted to clear cut the whole blooming state, those trees would still be there to hold onto cloud cover and RAIN. You know, that stuff that makes things green.

The worst environmental disaster I've seen was on the Quinault reservation. Say, does someone not like the Sierra Club because they refused to support special rights to unlimited hunting, fishing, and logging?

BTW, I do NOT live "inland." I live in the Coastal Range and I lived my whole life on the coast.

"Coast Range" is poorly defined where you are. In Oregon's Willamette Valley or California's Central Valley, the hills on the west side are called the Coast Range (to distinguish them from the the real mountains, the Cascades and the Sierras, on the east side of the valleys). Generally these are midget mountains under 5000 ft., so there's no glacier atop them. Olympus is somewhat taller and almost in Canada, so it has a glacier. What's the tallest mountain in your county?

Bill
S. Oregon coast