homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:02:29 -0700

Last night I looked online and found that any ranch property can be investigated by a potential buyer for its "carrying capacity" expressed in acres per animal unit (ac. / a. u.). In fact, why bother with realtors when you can type the word "ac." AND the phrase "a. u." into Google and have instant access to thousands of ads for ranch properties?

It's possible that all these people are liars, like the government researchers who prepared the Coos County Soil Survey. If not, then maybe Lynda can just save us all some time and tell us what her carrying capacity for nonirrigated grazing is, or the average for the countless other ranches she's familiar with, and we can all compare it to what we have at our own places. I would think that now that she's a great land baroness, she would know how to describe her land in terms that ranchers use. Lies take many paragraphs of anecdotes, but the truth just takes just one little floating-point quantity to reveal.

Bill
S. Oregon coast