homestead - Re: [Homestead] marketing

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] marketing
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:03:42 -0700

It's free advertising. The WIC offices hand out lists to the moms in the program (Women, Infants and Children).

Generally a group sets it up so that they can "cash" the coupons. I'm not sure how individuals would do it. We ran ours through our store.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw AT chilitech.net>

Yea, I'm in PA. Our Farmers' Market is a producer only market (you can
only sell things that you raise or make). We have 12 vendors selling meat
(beef, pork, sausage, bacon, etc.), goat cheese products, baked goods,
vegetables, honey, maple syrup, handmade soap, baskets, etc. Our vendors
are all 'legal' and have inspected operations, and really great products.

We are looking into the The Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP); we
don't know if each vendor should apply or the whole market should apply.
No one has ever asked if we accept the coupons, so I don't know that being
in the program will make a difference.