homestead - Re: [Homestead] computer use

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] computer use
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:30:20 -0700

Tim, back when, I had text files from a Mac that my PC would read (they both had WordPerfect). Can you still do that?

For example, download a textfile from the net on a laptop (say a Mac), save it to disc and then use it for documents that are on a PC?

Lynda, who doesn't want to give up her ancient PC that has all her geneology "stuff" on it.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Oppenheim" <timopp AT mac.com>

Mac are made by Apple computers. They have their own operating system
( not Windows ) based on Unix. They are inherently secure so you
don't spend very much time worrying about spyware and viruses. They
are great little computers. You will spend a slight premium, but your
increased productivity and lack of hassle more than compensates. Also
there support center is US based. they have canceled plans for an
Indian one.