homestead - Re: [Homestead] computer use

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] computer use
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:45:10 -0700

It is funny how different folks have different experiences. I have a Sony
stereo system sitting in the livingroom. It is marvelous darling <g> It is
19 years old and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Although it does have
unique speakers (they are square and have some kind of fluid in them) and
one finally bit the dust. It is a pain finding a new one but worth the
trouble!

And we owned two Dell desktops and consequently I wouldn't own another Dell even
if it was given to me. And if I were given one I would either sell it or
give it to someone else. Two seperate machines and they incrypted something
on the floppies and now only the single machines can read those floppies.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bevanron" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

I won't. I hate Sony. I bought a Sony home entertainment unit a couple
of years ago and on Day 366 of ownership, it quit. I learned that they
planned it that way, and the only way to fix it is to send it back for
some $70 upgrade to remove the code. I decided right then and there to
boycott Sony forever.

Don't buy Dell unless you like talking to people in Bangalore or
Calcutta.