homestead - Re: [Homestead] Harpie visit

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Harpie visit
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:30:51 -0400

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

On 6/6/06, Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

Hi Lisa, how are ya? You crossed my mind just the other day. It is you that has one of those water stoves, yes?

No--a wood stove, yes.

Who am I thinking of that has a water stove? Did you almost buy a
property with a water stove, or am I just way off base?
Some friends and I had a conversation about water stoves last week-how
they heat water and your home, use large logs, etc.

But you are correct that we used to live in
Charleston SC and moved to sw VA almost seven years ago. That's pretty good for your memory, I'd say.

One out of two...I was pretty sure that you lived close to Tvo, like
either the same county or a county or two over. I think you got your
place right after I got mine, and I do recall threads about mortgages.
It all comes back to me now.<G>

I'm still not much of a homesteader, but hope to improve some now that we are officially Foster Care Providers (as of yesterday), something hubby and I have worked towards the last 2+ years.

Congratulations! Show those kids a different way....
Speaking as an adoptee, I can tell you that I always felt different than
others. It was almost like I wanted to be different, too. Even today,
I take pride in being different, of not following the crowd, etc.
Perhaps I am generalizing, but I think foster kids and adoptees have
more of an issue with this kind of thinking than most.

Have one quick meeting today (to finally learn Excel), then it's back
home to plant green beans, plant perennials, and to wage another serious battle with bindweed. May the force be with me.

LOL, good luck!

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W