homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken moat, was Harpie visit

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken moat, was Harpie visit
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:12:53 -0700

Try rock salt if you don't want to do the SSS. Dogs usually stay away after a time or two with a hiney full of burning like crazy rock salt!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bevanron" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>>>

I now have a setup to hold
Hobo if I catch him on the property. I told Jeff that if Hobo comes
back up here, I will call animal control and have him picked up. Oh,
and they charge ME $25 for coming out to pick up an animal, even feral
cats. So, as you can see, I am about ready to put some lead into the
dog and practice SSS. I am at my wit's end with this situation. SSS
would be a lot easier in the long run, as well as cheaper. While our
relationship with Jeff is cordial and civil at present, I must say that
I am a bit afraid of him. He has a long criminal record and has spent
the better part of his life in prison. I don't want any trouble, I just
want to be able to raise my animals in peace. Jeff has always been
polite, but I don't trust him. According to the Department of
Corrections website, he's now been out of prison longer than he has in
his entire life, so I keep hoping (horrible of me, I know) that he will
screw up and end up in prison again so my problem will go away. I just
wish they would move or go away.

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W