homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:12:39 -0800

At 1/25/2006 01:58 PM,rayzentz AT aol.com wrote:

2nd. 4th amendment does not prevent searches on non-citizens. Period.

"Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

I don't see anything regarding citizen or non citizen. I do see that a warrant is required and it has to specify what the search is for. From what I've read on the news that has not happened.

I guess if 'they' want to ignore the basic rules of our nation they can do it because people allow them to, some even applaud that action. It's sad to watch the nation toss away the Constitution with some of the people happy to see it happen with the thought of "security" at the front of their mind.

If the President did widespread wiretapping on US citizens without a warrant he broke the law, he violated the 4th amendment of the United States Constitution.
He did it with your permission Ray, you even cheered him on with a school yard cheer. You just gave up the Constitution Ray.

I have to go to bed, hope the new place is working out well for you Ray!

Rob
becida AT comcast.net