homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: rayzentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:43:25 -0500

You are correct. The amendments, 4th in particular, do not specify citizen
or non-citizen. The constitution, however, and by extension, its
amendments, apply to US citizens. We may extend those priveleges to
non-citizens, but we are not required to, nor does the constitution apply to
them.

Think about it. Do you expect Mexico's constitution to apply to you? or
Iraq's?

Ray