homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:16:15 -0700

At 10:43 AM 1/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>You are correct. The amendments, 4th in particular, do not specify
citizen or non-citizen. The constitution, however, and by extension, its
amendments, apply to US citizens. We may extend those priveleges to
non-citizens, but we are not required to, nor does the constitution apply
to them.

>Think about it. Do you expect Mexico's constitution to apply to you?
or Iraq's?

>Ray

I might be wrong, but I believe that back in the late 1700's when the
Constitution was written and ratified, the only thing that made one an
American was moving here and declaring to be an American.

Best wishes,
Melody