homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sparkplugs

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sparkplugs
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:20:55 -0600

Rob,

The air cleaner is new. However, I will change the wires, then check the plugs and wires down the road. I need the car to last a few more miles.

Jerry

At 04:39 PM 1/29/2006, Rob wrote:
At 1/29/2006 01:49 PM,Jerry W. Shepperd wrote:
>Rob,
>
>They appear to be a cross between carbon-fouled and ash fouled.
>
>Jerry S.

I'd check the air cleaner (probably change it if I hadn't in awhile
just because), and change the plugs and wires.
Then I'd check the plugs in a few thousand miles... new plugs and
wires can work wonders in the short term for hiding a symptom.
Good luck Jerry!

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA