homestead - Re: [Homestead] A safe place, Storrs, Connecticut

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A safe place, Storrs, Connecticut
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:24:05 -0500

I guess we've become a "weird" magnet. I just wish folks wouldn't consider all those weird transplants to be Californians. And that Southern CA wasn't how the whole state was judged.

Count your blessings. Bad publicity helps to keep the traffic down to merely outrageous.

I lived in the Bay Area for 25 years and never felt at home. There is no established culture. Still an experiment of transients searching for a home.

Yes, California is many places. I like the areas well north of the Bay Area. Well, not where you might get shot if you stumble into a patch of marijuana. And not the taxes and all the rules deemed necessary to keep the massive population under some semblance of control.