homestead - Re: [Homestead] A safe place, Storrs, Connecticut

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A safe place, Storrs, Connecticut
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:52:17 -0700

Most people you meet in the inner city are from some other state, and in the old days, most of the adult residents of suburbia were too. Just ask yourself, what mindset is correlated with moving to California. Do you hear the "Margaritaville" song playing? Believe me, we natives were shocked when the day came that you had to line up for a fire ring on the 4th of July because of hordes of foreigners and people from other states.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

I guess we've become a "weird" magnet. I just wish folks wouldn't consider all those weird transplants to be Californians. And that Southern CA wasn't how the whole state was judged.