homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rob's VA progress?

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rob's VA progress?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:22:09 -0400

I cleared the brush with a chainsaw blade on my gas powered string
trimmer. I can't say enough about that trimmer with the chainsaw blade.

I have a trimmer like that and it is great in the woods and out in the fields. For string it has the bobbin that I can just cut off a length of string and insert as needed. No more throwing the thing around when it gets tangled! Got it at Sears on sale.

I had a lot of steel posts that I'd picked up over time at
auctions and such.
There were a lot of things that I picked up here and there that came
in really useful... fence posts, stock panels, garden hoses. Things like that.

I am starting to collect also. Have been scouring construction sites here in DC, since I am in the city. Am trying to get some old windows from one, negotiating with owner. I am holding out for free... ALso 5 gallon buckets, etc. Grandma in PA is going to let me scrounge her poultry equipment. Hopefully she still has the brooders.

Rob in Va