homestead - Re: [Homestead] A safe place, Storrs, Connecticut

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A safe place, Storrs, Connecticut
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:38:00 -0700

Ah, but dear, we've found that folks who immigrate to California are just plain weird and then when they move elsewhere other folks think they are Californians and blame their weirdness on CA <g>

I mean, it's like the gal I used to work with who was from Texas. Texas this, Texas that, Texas the other thing. Whine, whine, whine. Texas is so great, blah, blah, blah. Well, for crying out loud, move back if it was so great. We sure aren't keeping ya here was my reply.

And that's o.k., I just find it interesting. Particularly since I've never met a "perfectly fine Chicagoan" and can't figure out why anyone with any sense would want to live there <g> And, yes, I've been there and left as quickly as possible!

I much prefer to live with plain speaking folks with lots of elbow room and *real* trees <g>

And, y'all come out and visit and meet some *real* Californians. Those whose families have been here for not just a generation or two but for a few thousand years.

I guess we've become a "weird" magnet. I just wish folks wouldn't consider all those weird transplants to be Californians. And that Southern CA wasn't how the whole state was judged.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>