homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rob's VA progress?

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rob's VA progress?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 07:39:02 -0700

At 9/17/2005 06:06 PM, you wrote:
Hey Rob,

The area is clear and I have an appointment on the 27th with the Health
Department man. He'll mark off the plan for septic and then give the permit.

In MN I had to hire a septic designer to draw up a "plan", then I had to pay the county $100 (tax) to approve the plan. Then I had to get someone to do it. Often the guy who puts them in is licensed to design them.
Watching the amount of work a backhoe can do in a short time is amazing (when you compare it to a shovel and wheelbarrow).

I am going either this week or next to look at a couple of mobiles.

The newer the better, watch for the carpet stapled down BEFORE the walls were put on in an older one. Getting the carpet out is a pain in those.

Also going through my tools after the suggestions you and others sent.
Basically just going nuts here looking for projects :>)

Is your place fenced? Running a string from one corner to another was a big deal at my place in MN. Once I had that done marking the boundaries with a steel fence post every 50 or 100 feet was a big help in visualizing what I had.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA