homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:17:27 -0400

It takes a couple years. We lived in Charleston SC for 5 years and grew
fabulous peppers through Thanksgiving. We had moved to Charleston from
'up north' and I always got a late start on the garden for their
climate.

The stores here always put out seeds in spring. Funny to see the people from up north planting in April or May when they need to be putting the ground to rest until October.

Welcome to Virginia. We've been
Virginian's for six years and are glad to be here. Not to mention we
have a heckuva governor for now. Virginia's gov's can only hold office
for one term. Maybe he'll run for president.

Lisa
Floyd County resident

Thanks Lisa, Floyd County is beautiful. I'll be in Lunenburg.

Rob