homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:52:03 -0400

Gene,
The house is right up against mine, actually, I surround it on 3 sides. He just has the road frontage. I don't think that they care about the trailer, as they live out of the area. The 3 children inherited this place, the old house that they grew up in. It is really a shack now with leaks in the roof, not even locked. Junk cars everywhere and overgrown with brambles.

Of course, I want it. :>) I think that you are right. I intend to call them and let them know I am willing to pay a good price for the properties. It is actually a landlocked (by me) 1 3/4 acre plot and the house on an acre. Would set me up with a great start.

Once I get in the area, it will be easier. Also think that the people assume a guy from Miami is going to pay a stiff price for the place.

Rob

Is the land on which the old house sits contiguous with your land? Is it
occupied? One plan would be to tell the owner that you are going to make a
decision and if he will sell you the house you will pay a bit more than its
value but if he does not want to sell you the house you intend to move in
an old mobile home. Old mobiles are not good for neighborhood values.