homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:46:07 -0400

You are correct. I think that I'll need a few seasons just to get used to the seasons. I come from zone 10 and higher. Zone 6 is going to be a big change.....

Rob

One adjustment you'll be making, if I remember correctly that you're moving
to Virginia, is that there is not a true "rain season" like you're used to.
In the southeast, rainfall or precipitation, is pretty well year round.
There are usually some dry weeks in July and August. This year, much of the
southeast has seen unusually heavy rains in June and July.