homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:18:59 -0700

First, I need to be absolutely certain that the people will not sell
the old house that originally belonged to the land. It is a real
fixer-upper, but would solve my problem instantly.

Is the land on which the old house sits contiguous with your land? Is it occupied? One plan would be to tell the owner that you are going to make a decision and if he will sell you the house you will pay a bit more than its value but if he does not want to sell you the house you intend to move in an old mobile home. Old mobiles are not good for neighborhood values.